Interesting question that we've been talking about in my book club: at what point do you decide that you don't want to keep reading a particular book if you don't like it?
PS I hope to get some responses on this one.......hint, hint, hint........
What I'm Reading: Audiobook Reviews Round-Up
11 hours ago
3 comments:
Have you heard Nancy Pearl on this question? She says most people say 50 pages is about right. But she has adapted it for those of us who are older than 50. For us, we should subtract our age from 100 and the remainder is how many pages we should read before giving up on a book. I think the point is that the older you are the less time you have to waste on books you don't enjoy, when there are so many others out there.
Jane
I don't really use the number of pages as a guide. If I don't feel like I can't wait to get back to it, then I'm probably not going to stick with it--I'm not in the right mood for it.
To me, the author's writing style is as important as the story. If s/he has a certain style that I find distracting, I may give up within the first 50 pages or less.
Post a Comment